A JUICY Baked Chicken Breast!
I do want to add that, although good as is, next time I can do even better…by adding more seasoning right before putting it under broiler 😉 I had a slide off or runoff if you will 🤣🤭 still… it was tasty, tender and juicy! Yumm 😋 Even my picky granddaughter liked it, going back for more when she’s trying to not eat before going out with friends for sushi 😜 it was good. Reminds me of the popular honey garlic chicken; but brown sugar instead & less garlic. Also, I did marinate my chicken over night, in a mixture of yogurt, buttermilk (to thin it out), and seasonings. Before cooking I rinsed & patted dry with paper towel. Jus’ sayin’
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme , or other herb of choice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C (200°C fan).
- Pound chicken to 1.5cm / 0.6″ at the thickest part – using a rolling pin, meat mallet or even your fist (key tip for even cooking + tender chicken).
- Mix Seasoning.
- Line tray with foil and baking / parchment paper. Place chicken upside down on tray. Drizzle chicken with about 1 tsp oil. Rub over with fingers. Sprinkle with Seasoning.
- Flip chicken. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil, rub with fingers, sprinkle with Seasoning, covering as much of the surface area as you can.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until surface is golden per photos and video, or internal temperature is 165°F/75°C using a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer chicken to serving plates.
- Wait 3 – 5 minutes before serving, garnished with freshly chopped parsley if desired.