Easy 😁 & delicious 😋
- 4 thin-sliced chicken breasts or 2 large chicken breasts cut in half horizontally (about 1 lb. total)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or other vinegar of choice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped cooked bacon (divided) (about 1 ounce or 7 slices)*
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish (about 9-inch by 13-inch) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour honey mustard sauce over chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated. Top with chives, half of the bacon, and cheddar cheese (in that order).
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F and chicken is cooked through. The total cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. During the final 5 minutes, add remaining bacon to the top of the chicken. It will get nice and crispy as the chicken finishes cooking
- Garnish with additional fresh chives just before serving, if desired.