I sort of went by this recipe, well at least the timing 😉 ⤵️
This simple recipe calls for very little prep time, and is made with fresh ingredients that give you a vibrant color and a bold flavor!
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 5 tomatillos, husks removed and cut into quarters
- 2 poblano peppers, remove stem and de-seed
- 3 Anaheim peppers, remove stem and de-seed
- 2 jalapeños, remove stem and de-seed
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- salt, to taste
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- avocado, for garnish
- limes, for garnish
- Heat cast iron skillet over high heat until hot.Add tomatillos to the skillet and roast until black charred spots appear. Use tongs to turn over.Lower heat to medium and add peppers, onion and garlic. Roast for about 5 minutes or until charred spots appear.Add chicken, charred tomatillos, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin and salt to pressure cooker.Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 12 minutes on High pressure.
Once the cooking cycle has completed allow pressure to release naturally, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
Transfer chicken to a plate, and set aside.
Add cilantro to pressure cooker and using a hand blender, blend everything together in the pressure cooker.
Press Sauté and bring the sauce in the pot to a simmer; cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and return chicken to the sauce.
- Serve chicken over cauliflower rice, rice of your choice or in a tortilla, and top with cilantro, avocado and a lime wedge. – ms modify