Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
- 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounce
- 2 can(s)cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick(1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 1 can(s)chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
- mixedvegetables, optional; I don’t
- 1 tsp Better Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
- ·salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
How to Make Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
- Salt & pepper chicken breasts.
- Place in the bottom of Crock Pot.
- Spoon soup over the chicken.
- Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
- Whisk the bouillon with the broth.
- Pour over soup.
- Place lid on the Crock Pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and tear into pieces.
- Add back to pot.
- Now add noodles*; if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. I stir a few times during last 2 hours. (You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the homemade noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
- Sprinkle with parsley and mix in if using at the end of cooking.
- Salt & pepper, if needed, and serve. Yum!
One thought on “Chicken and Noodles”
I have cooked a recipe very similar to this before – delish!!