Also called Deviled Ham Salad, or Ham Salad Spread, this recipe is made with ground or chopped ham with sweet pickle relish and mayo (or Miracle Whip) and is amazing on sandwiches or crackers. The beauty of this recipe is that you can add in any ingredients that you prefer in your ham salad; celery, roasted red peppers, onion, etc..
I have always made this using The Honeybaked Ham Company’s ham. AND a meat grinder. However, if using the more common/available appliance…a food processor…be careful not to pulse/chop ham too much or you’ll end up with mush. Me and my family have always liked this, even though I don’t make it often anymore; 🤷♀️ Actually I think it makes us like it more.
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups chopped ham
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. Add more mayo and/or relish to your liking.
- Serve as sandwich spread or with crackers.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week.