Damn delicious. I’ll be back to add recipe; needed to get this off my phone 😉
Tick-Tock Tikka House
Shout out to this Indian, Afghan, Pakistan, Halal restaurant. The food was better than we expected; will definitely order again. It’s even better than their pictures. Larger servings too.
933 E University Dr Tempe AZ * another location in Mesa AZ * (914) 217-1965
And we did do again 😆
My son got the spicy chili chicken also AND butter chicken 😋
However, all this being said, we are going with actual restaurants next. Couple problems with this being some type of pop-up; delivery services; first time Uber eats driver couldn’t find it (my daughter has done Doordash, it’s not hard, but you do have to get off your ass once in a while & first driver evidently didn’t; we can watch them thru app & sure the name might not be on outside but the ste number is, AND after abandoning order, new driver (with higher score) found it quickly & made decent progress considering first driver, Hussein, took an hour, making for late dinner. We ordered again bc food was GOOD! Albeit this time the restaurant for our yogurt dressing; important with food this spicy, not to mention it states it comes with it AND we requested extra. So with an order for 3 people at over $80.00 … it’s the least they could do. We’re usually quite forgiving, but have an extremely limited menu, no number or people to talk to & a problem both times.. it’s time to try out regular restaurants. Will update.
Ribeye Crown Steak
Or ‘rib cap steak’ 🥩 Private Reserve® Ribeye Crown Steaks from Omaha Steaks®
with steakhouse style hashbrowns 🥔 and sweet corn 🌽
The hashbrowns, also from Omaha Steaks®, go in 400° oven (ninja oven here; it’s 110° out; Arizona summers 🌞) for 22-25 minutes. Sweet corn 🌽 cooked in water, milk, butter, salt, & dash of sugar 😉 then cut off cob. 😋
The Rib Crown Steak is bursting with juicy, rich flavor. The coveted cap steak is carved from the most prized part of the Ribeye and is known for exceptional marbling, flavor and tenderness. It is perfectly trimmed with generous interior marbling for that signature juiciness. Take one delicious bite and you’ll understand why the Private Reserve Rib Crown Steak is “the crown jewel” of the Ribeye. We recommend cooking these steaks to medium (140F) to allow the full flavor and juiciness.
- Only the richest, butteriest portion of the ribeye!
- Exceptional ribeye flavor with unbelievable tenderness
- Extra-aged at least 35 days for maximum tenderness
- Triple-trimmed by Omaha Steaks master butchers
- Flash frozen after carving for perfect delivery
- Intense marbling deepens rich ribeye flavor
Gemelli Pasta with Meat Sauce
My usual meat sauce, similar to this previous post ⤵️ https://just2note626395589.wordpress.com/2022/04/19/casarecce-bolognese/
Love Parmigiano-Reggiano 🧀🍝 💖
What I’ve been eating..
same o ‘ same o ‘ 😜 FOOD!
But evidently we like it 🥰 btw, I keep adding to this post 😅 when it’s stuff I’ve already posted OR simple things that I don’t need a post for (?) 🤷♀️ confession: or when I don’t feel like doing a post… yet have the pics & give a half-ǟֆֆ comment about recipe 🤣
Bollito or Brodo di Carne – Meat Soup ⤵️
One of my go-to’s when I don’t feel like cooking, sheet pan brats with peppers & onions; 400° for approx 30 minutes 😋 always good; especially, for me 😉, with Stubb’s sweet & sticky bbq sauce 🤯
Hobo aka Foil dinner was really good! I put the seasoned beef patty on top of seasoned veggies this time & cheese after removing from oven; just close the foil back somewhat, cheese is melted before you can turn around to serve 😜
Fried Cabbage w/Kielbasa
Fried Cabbage w/Kielbasa ↔️ recipe
I didn’t make it in time for an after photo 🤣 family ate that up!
Sopa de Pollo con Fideos
Old Fashioned chicken noodle soup to me…with fideo in place of other noodles/pasta 🤭🐔🥣either way you look at it…it’s DELICIOUS 😋 I ALMOST went with Ditalini Pasta, but I left it up to my daughter, so fideo it is 😍
I didn’t follow a recipe, however the closest one I found to how I made it; making stock first, with chicken leg quarters 😳 that’s what I had to work with on this occasion 😉 rather than what following recipe uses ⤵️
The Spruce Eats recipe here ⤵️
➡️ Spanish Chicken Noodle Soup (Sopa de Pollo con Fideos) – By Lisa & Tony Sierra ⤴️
Or if you’re familiar…make old fashioned classic chicken noodle soup using tiny pasta, like fideo; hence the name. Personally I like getting a deep flavor broth from homemade stock, along with seasonings & herbs, etc. And I like to simmer well for a couple hours. 🤷♀️ it works
Adapted from this – Ingredients:
- 2-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups uncooked kluski or other egg noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: Additional salt and pepper
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches, skin side down; cook until dark golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; remove and discard skin. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Add celery, carrots, bay leaves and thyme. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Remove soup from heat. Add noodles; let stand, covered, until noodles are tender, 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, when chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Return meat to stockpot. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. If desired, adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves. – a taste of home 🥰
RECIPE ⤵️ https://dawnspitfire.wordpress.com/2017/02/06/longboy-cheeseburger/
My dad use to make these regularly when I was growing up; but I thought he made it up
This is his original recipe – (‘pet’ milk means evaporated milk; his shorthand).
Below is another version I found in an old cookbook…
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 loaves brown ‘n’ serve French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart bowl, mix together first eight ingredients. Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise; spread one-half of meat mixture over each half, covering all the way to edges. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked, sprinkling with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Cut into slices to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Classic Baked Swedish Meatballs
Recipe from The Spruce Eats
For the Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs, from about 3 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion, or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or allspice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Gravy:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup half-and-half, or light cream
MISE EN PLACE
Combine the breadcrumbs, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg or allspice, and milk in a large mixing bowl. Let the milk soak into the crumbs for a few minutes.
Gently stir in the ground beef until well blended. Form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Melt the butter along with the vegetable oil in a large skillet or sauté pan; brown the meatballs (in batches if necessary), and then remove them with a slotted spoon to a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
Make the Gravy
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the skillet. Stir in the flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly
- Add the beef broth and half-and-half or light cream. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens, for 1 minute.
Texas Roadhouse Style Sweet Potatoes
Wash sweet potatoes, wrap in one layer of foil, but seal. Bake at 375° for 45 – 55 minutes, depending on size, flipping over halfway through. When 15 – 20 minutes left I put zucchini slices that I tossed in garlic evoo, salt, pepper & seasoned breadcrumbs. Heated little smokies with favorite bbq sauce also. I had made cucumber salad before starting dinner, and I used zesty Italian dressing. When sweet potatoes are done, remove, slice open, squeeze to open, add butter, marshmallows, drizzle with caramel sauce (homemade is best, or a good store bought), then add more marshmallows and put under broiler just enough to toast marshmallows. I like a dash of sea salt on all that, my daughter does not 🤷♀️ so ‘to taste’. We saw 👀 the potatoes as main course 😆 & the rest were sides. Although 🤫 it’s like eating dessert first 🤭